THERE WILL BE A TURTLE SONG IN MANCHESTER - OCT/DEC 2021. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PART PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM.
TURTLE SONG IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO COMPOSE AND SING YOUR OWN SONGS WITH A PROFESSIONAL COMPOSER, DIRECTOR & MUSICIANS. IT IS A PROJECT FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH MEMORY PROBLEMS AND ALL FORMS OF DEMENTIA AND FOR THEIR COMPANIONS (FAMILY/FRIENDS/CARERS).
Turtle Song was featured on the BBC’s “Holding Back the Years” - “Really inspirational” Bill Turnbull
TIME: 2:15pm - 4pm
DATES: Thursdays 7, 14, 21 October (no session on 28th Oct)
Thursdays 4,11,18, 25 November
Thursday 2 December
Final sharing will take place on Thursday 9 December
VENUE: Chetham’s School of Music, Hunts Bank, Manchester M3 1DA
- is FREE to all participants
- transport will be provided for those who need it
- is once a week for nine weeks
- is a chance to enjoy singing together
- is an opportunity to write a collection of different songs
- workshops will be led by composer Michael Betteridge and directed by Jess Martin, supported by music students from Chetham’s School of Music
- provides an opportunity to perform for friends & family in a sharing at the end of the project
- gives a recording of the final sharing to each participant on CD and DVD
- provides tea, coffee and biscuits
- is a time to have fun and be inspired
- does not require any previous experience or skill, and everyone is welcome, whatever your ability
“Turtle Song was a musical performance of pure wonder and fun, after weeks of collaboration, rehearsals, writing music, lyricising, tea drinking and luxury biscuit scoffing for people of varying ages all of whom suffer from dementia. It was beautiful, fun and enlivening. I was so touched by the effort and love that the organisers/founders of this event and the music students put into this performance.” DAUGHTER OF A PARTICIPANT
TRANSPORT for the project is provided for a limited number of participants and there will be a pastoral worker on hand to support participants in accessing the project.
INFORMATION about access, parking and location will be provided once a place on the project is confirmed.
COVID SAFETY is a priority and we will put in place all necessary protocols to ensure that our activities are carried out in a safe way.
AN ENGLISH TOURING OPERA, ROYAL COLLEGE OF MUSIC AND TURTLE KEY ARTS COLLABORATION IN PARTNERSHIP WITH CHETHAM’S SCHOOL OF MUSIC. SUPPORTED BY THE HEADLEY FOUNDATION.
The information provided on this form will be held by Turtle Key Arts; some of the data may be shared with the project partners: English Touring Opera, Royal College of Music & Chetham's School. Your data will not be shared with any third parties. We will hold your data and contact you leading up to & during the project when necessary. After the project has ended, we will contact you from time to time with promotional emails, a letter through the post or a phone call regarding upcoming projects. You can opt out by contacting us via phone, post or email at any time.