THERE WILL BE A TURTLE SONG IN GLOUCESTER - MAY/JULY 2019. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PART PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM.
TURTLE SONG IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO COMPOSE AND SING YOUR OWN SONGS WITH A PROFESSIONAL COMPOSER, DIRECTOR & MUSICIANS. IT IS A PROJECT FOR PEOPLE WITH MEMORY PROBLEMS AND ALL FORMS OF DEMENTIA AND FOR THEIR COMPANIONS (HUSBANDS/WIVES/CARERS).
TURTLE SONG IS AN ENGLISH TOURING OPERA, ROYAL COLLEGE OF MUSIC AND TURTLE KEY ARTS COLLABORATION.
Turtle Song was recently featured on the BBC’s “Holding Back the Years” - “Really inspirational” Bill Turnbull
TIME: 10:30 - 12:15
DATES: 28 May, 4 June, 11 June, 18 June, 25 June, 2 July, 9 July, 16 July, 23rd July, 30th July
VENUE: St Mary’s Congregational Church, Gloucester, GL1 2QS.
- is FREE to all participants
- transport will be provided for those who need it
- is once a week for nine weeks
- is a chance to enjoy singing together
- is an opportunity to write a collection of different songs
- workshops will be led by Claire Coache and Richard Barnard
- provides an opportunity to perform for friends & family in a sharing at the end of the project
- gives a recording of the final sharing to each participant on CD and DVD
- provides tea, coffee and biscuits
- is a time to have fun and be inspired
- does not require any previous experience or skill, and everyone is welcome, whatever your ability
“Turtle Song was a musical performance of pure wonder and fun, after weeks of collaboration, rehearsals, writing music, lyricising, tea drinking and luxury biscuit scoffing for people of varying ages all of whom suffer from dementia. It was beautiful, fun and enlivening. I was so touched by the effort and love that the organisers/founders of this event and the music students put into this performance.” DAUGHTER OF A PARTICIPANT