WE ARE CURRENTLY TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR TURTLE SONG IN CHESTER - SEPT/OCT 2018.
TURTLE SONG IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO COMPOSE AND SING YOUR OWN SONGS WITH A PROFESSIONAL COMPOSER, DIRECTOR & MUSICIANS. IT IS A PROJECT FOR PEOPLE WITH MEMORY PROBLEMS AND ALL FORMS OF DEMENTIA AND FOR THEIR COMPANIONS (HUSBANDS/WIVES/CARERS).
TURTLE SONG IS AN ENGLISH TOURING OPERA, ROYAL COLLEGE OF MUSIC AND TURTLE KEY ARTS COLLABORATION.
Turtle Song was recently featured on the BBC’s “Holding Back the Years” - “Really inspirational” Bill Turnbull
TIME: 10.30am to 12.15pm
DATES: 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept | 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 Oct
VENUE: Room 007, Kingsway Campus, University of Chester, Kingsway, Chester, CH2 2LB
- is FREE to all participants
- is once a week for nine weeks
- is a chance to enjoy singing together
- is an opportunity to write a collection of different songs
- workshops will be led by composer Michael Bryan and director Philippa Bryan, supported by student musicians from the University of Chester
- provides an opportunity to perform for friends & family in a sharing at the end of the project
- gives a recording of the final sharing to each participant on CD and DVD
- provides tea, coffee and biscuits
- is a time to have fun and be inspired
- does not require any previous experience or skill, and everyone is welcome, whatever your ability